Do Chiropractors Address More Than Back Pain
By Dr. Drew Voelsch
Subscribe to Dr. Drew’s Updates!
Perhaps the first thing you think of when you hear the word “chiropractor” is back pain or spine. While this is true, you’re still missing out on vital information on how chiropractors can address other issues in your body.
Chiropractors and spine issues go hand-in-hand, and because of this, many tend to forget that they can also help eliminate other conditions from head to toe.
Of course, it’s most ideal that you work with a credible chiropractor to ensure they know what’s going on with your body and help address these issues so your body feels at ease and with less tension.
With that being said, here are other areas that chiropractors also address—let’s take a look!
- Head: Headaches are a very common problem among people, especially those who spend long hours in front of a computer. In fact, the National Headache Foundation estimates that more than 45 million people in the US experience tension-type headaches. Because of this, chiropractors often not only address back pain but also, headaches. Symptoms in the head tend to show up in different ways because the head is much smaller than the back. Since it’s one of the most important parts of our bodies, we need to ensure that all parts are moving as they should, without tension and without pain.
- Shoulders: Many people who experience back and neck pain also experience shoulder pain, since the shoulder and neck area of the body are connected. More often than not, people don’t even realize that the shoulders are connected to the back and neck, so when the shoulders start to hurt, they begin thinking that something more severe is going on.
- Wrist: Chiropractors are very familiar with the wrist because they experience pain when they feel the misalignment. Due to this, chiropractors are able to help out the wrist, even if a patient doesn’t feel pain in the wrist. Chiropractors can help align the back, neck, and shoulder, which will result in a healthier wrist. Many people experience pain in their wrists because they spend long hours working on a computer. The wrists are also a great indicator of whether or not the rest of your body is aligned or not.
- Knees: Chiropractors are experts at knee pain because they can help reduce the amount of pressure that the knee goes through, which in turn reduces the amount of pain. Chiropractors can do this by adjusting the knee, which can help relieve pain associated with the knee and symptoms such as inflammation.
- Ankles and Feet: Chiropractors can help align the rest of the body by adjusting the ankles and feet. If the ankles and feet are misaligned, it could be a result of misalignment in the back, which will then transfer to the ankles and feet. Chiropractors can help get your body back in alignment by adjusting your ankles and feet, which will then help reduce pain and even symptoms such as numbness in the feet.
The Bottom Line: Visit a Credible Chiropractor to Help Address Bodily Issues and Pains
When it comes to addressing other body pains besides your back, it’s still important to head to an experienced chiropractor to ensure that the right techniques are done to help relieve you from pain and tension. Trust us, with regular chiropractic visits, your body will be more aligned and less painful.
How Can We Help You?
Are you looking for a Chiropractor in Arlington? If so, Hawkeye Chiropractic is here for you.
We’re a full-service chiropractic center that’s led by Dr. Drew Voelsch, the top Chiropractor in the area. We work with all types of patients, from those who are looking to get relief from pain to those who want to live better lives by staying in shape.
“Dr Drew is upfront about what’s going on with your body. He helps work with you to achieve the goals that you as a patient want to set. I highly recommend him to those interested in chiropractic services.P.S Go Cyclones!”